June 29, 2022 10:44 AM
6/29/22, LCMUA STAGE 1 WATER WATCH
The lack of meaningful rainfall, continued high temperatures and overall growth and development are leading to high water use among Upper Trinity's Customers. As a result, Upper Trinity has determined that water demand is approaching a level that will cause a reduced delivery capacity for all or part of its transmission system. Therefore, LCMUA has implemented the following Drought Contingency Plan:
* Limit outdoor watering with automatic systems or hose-end sprinklers to no more than two times per week.
* Prohibit outdoor watering with automatic irrigation systems or hose-end sprinklers from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
* Restrict washing of any motor vehicle to the use of a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash facility or commercial service station. Companies with an automated on-site vehicle washing facility may wash its vehicles at any time.
* Reduce the frequency of draining and refilling of swimming pools.
* Avoid waste during recreational use (water used for leisure and entertainment purposes) from faucets, hoses or hydrants.
* Be on alert for water leaks and make essential repairs as soon as possible.
The goal for water use reduction under Stage 1 is 5% of total daily water use under normal conditions. Working together we can conserve our precious water resources.