- Our District
NOTICE OF MAY 7, 2022 ELECTION
The Board of Directors has issued an order for an election to be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 for the purpose of electing Board Members for Place Numbers 1 and 2. Interested residents must file an application for a place on the ballot. Applications can be found at LCMUA, 501 N Shady Shores Dr., Lake Dallas TX 75065 or can be downloaded from the link below.
- Application for Board Member Place 1 or 2
- Notice of Deadline to File An Application for Place on May7, 2022 Ballot
- Order of Election May 7, 2022
- Canvass and Recount Deadlines for May 7 2022 Election of Cities School Districts and Other Political Subdivisions
- Post-Election Procedures and Qualifying for Office for the May 7 2022 Election
APPLICATION AND ELECTION TIMELINE
- Deadline for filing Application for Ballot - Friday, February 18, 2022, 5:00 PM
- Early voting - Monday, April 25, 2022 - Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Election Day - Saturday, May 7, 2022
General Information -
Lake Cities Municipal Utility Authority contracts with Denton County Elections to hold its elections. The Election Day Polling Place for qualified voters of LCMUA is listed below.
Lake Dallas City Hall
212 Main St.
Lake Dallas, TX 75065
LCMUA is a political subdivision created by House Bill 1008 on April 30, 1960 and is governed by a board of five directors. Directors are elected at large by the qualified voters residing within the boundaries of LCMUA. Directors serve four-year staggered terms. A director must:
1) be at least 21 years old at the time of election or appointment;
2) have been a resident within the boundaries of LCMUA for at least six months before
election or appointment and maintain that residence during the director's term;
3) never have been convicted of a felony offense or any offense of theft;
4) be capable of being bonded; and
5) reside as follows:
a. for Place 1, in the City of Lake Dallas or its extraterritorial jurisdiction;
b. for Place 2, within the boundaries of LCMUA;
c. for Place 3, in the Town of Shady Shores or its extraterritorial jurisdiction;
d. for Place 4, within the boundaries of LCMUA; and
e. for Place 5, in the Town of Hickory Creek or its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
A member of a governing body of a municipal corporation or an employee of a municipal corporation may not serve as a director.
For more information or general election questions, please contact Becky Vickers, LCMUA Human Resources Manager (940) 497-2999. To learn more about State and County Elections visit the Denton County Election website or the Texas Secretary of State website.